We're recruiting for a Social Media & Content Marketing Executive!
Go South Coast is currently the UK’s Bus Operator of the Year. We operate six local bus companies including: morebus in Poole & Bournemouth, Bluestar in Southampton, Salisbury Reds, Swindon’s Bus Company, Southern Vectis on the Isle of Wight and Damory in West Dorset. We have over 800 buses and operate over 140 commercial bus routes. We also operate coach private hire companies and a bus/coach refurbishment business.
Our goal is to make bus travel accessible to everyone, by keeping up with the latest innovations, such as USB chargers on board, contactless payments and Wi-Fi on many of our buses.
Due to a restructure of our marketing team we are looking for a Social Media & Content Marketing Executive to join our busy team. This is an exciting role with a huge opportunity to increase customer awareness of our products and services and making bus travel simple and accessible to all.
You will be responsible for creating, scheduling and publishing an interactive social media content calendar for all of our bus and coach brands aross a range of platforms and tailoring posts to gain maximum organic reach.
The focus is to increase awareness of our products and grow interaction and positive engagement from our audiences. You will be responsible for planning, posting, monitoring and reporting.
The role is very varied and will involve other marketing tasks that include:
- Creating a social media strategy and content calendar
- Researching local areas we operate in to engage with local events/destinations
- Planning and posting social media posts
- Writing clear, easy-to-understand content ensuring our audience understands in as few words as possible
- Engage with bloggers/vloggers where appropriate to maximise and influence our product reputation
- Writing clear concise design briefs for graphic design team for assets
- Responding to customer questions regarding marketing/event posts
- Creating email campaigns that fit in with wider marketing campaigns and deployment thereof
Skills and Experience required
- Have genuine experience and interest in various social media channels
- Understand social media from a business (preferably consumer-focussed) perspective
- Like working at a fast pace and with changing situations
- Happy and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present to camera
- Have a passion for sustainable travel and the environment
- Exceptional English writing skills and first-class attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- Experience of Adobe Campaign and Email Studio preferable
- At least 2 years’ experience in a marketing role with a social media bias
- A marketing qualification, ideally degree level (but not essential)
To apply, send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Joe Quinlan, Assistant Marketing Manager by email at email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 16th September 2018
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity within our workforce
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19 November 2018